It is the philosophy of Supported Employment of Virginia that the quality of life of all citizens is enhanced by the full participation of persons of varying abilities within their communities. Supported Employment of Virginia is dedicated to providing the highest quality employment services by offering consumer-directed services utilizing highly trained and competent management and direct service staff.
SEV believes that persons with disabilities should be the guiding force in planning and choosing services and should receive the supports necessary to achieve meaningful work and social activities in community settings of choice. Further, it is the responsibility of SEV and other community partners to provide “whatever it takes” to make this happen.
- People with disabilities have the right to participate in community-based living and employment opportunities of their choosing.
- Individuals receiving employment assistance from SEV provide initial and ongoing direction in the provision of services, and they receive the support needed to provide this direction.
- Services and supports are appropriate and respectful of the individual and his or her support partners.
- The resources of the organization are directed in a manner that ensures quality services are offered and provided to supported employees and other stakeholders.
- SEV hires and maintains a highly trained and dedicated staff, with ongoing opportunities for enhance of staff knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- The organization operates in a fiscally responsible manner.
The employees of SEV believe that we will fulfill our vision and accomplish our mission by living these values daily:
We will ensure the satisfaction of consumers, community partners, and stakeholders by always striving to meet their needs.
Honesty and Fairness
We will treat every person who receives our services with dignity and respect, and we will be consistent in all we do.
We will not compromise in our commitment to quality and our uncompromising attitude will be reflected in what we do, say, and write.
We will provide cost-effective services and will vigorously pursue continuous improvement.
All stakeholders and team members are invited to the table to work together to achieve our vision and our mission, based on SEV’s philosophy and values.
We will provide safe, clean environments for employees, consumers, community partners, and stakeholders.
Life Long Learning
Stakeholders and team members will receive support, guidance, opportunity, and resources that allow them to participate in training and enrichment activities.
Quality of Life
We shall promote “wholeness” for our stakeholders and team members.